I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there is a counter on the left hand side....
I check it often, to keep myself up to date with how far away the wedding is.
It hasn't really sunk in to Nathan yet I don't think, but I am getting more and more excited.
No nerves yet, but I'm sure I will have plenty to go around on that day...
I went and had bridal portraits done on Saturday.... I don't know how to describe my hell of a weekend without just telling the story. So here is my abbreviated version of it......
We went to the Japanese Tea Gardens for the pictures... I didn't want to get my dress dirty and wrinkly, so I opted to change when I got there. I changed, etc... left my garment bag, makeup, and my keys inside the changing room because I'm obviously in my dress and have no pockets to carry stuff around in... the photographer is pregnant and can't also..... its a woman's bathroom changing room... its safe... right?
Well, we are almost finished with pictures, and we go to get a different lens to finish up....... bathroom door is locked. NO tea gardens employee in site, no one answers their phones.
I have NO SPARE KEY to my car, my only keys are in that bathroom. Park Police gets called out after like 100 other attempts for other people. He tells us we are out of luck, so we get my Nathan to bring us all home. Next morning, I get photographer to bring me out there (she had her spare and her and her husband got her car....) we talk to the maintenance lady working that morning, she tells us that her key "wouldn't" unlock the door... and that she can't call a locksmith till tomorrow....
So, we decide to just go to the dealership and get my spare and take my car home... who cares about the makeup... Once we get there, we realize... they are closed on Sundays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was devastated. I had no idea what I needed to do. I was frustrated beyond belief....
I call my brother and convince him to go back down there with me one more time in attempt to get my car. We get there, maintenance lady is GONE. No one in site. So I take it upon myself to call out a locksmith to get a key cut for my car.... I'm informed it will be about $200..... Then I realize... just get them to open the restroom!!!!! "Who is paying, mam?" "THE TEA GARDENS OF COURSE!". Locksmith is on the way..... Still no sign of the lady, and I have to have someone to give authorization to the Locksmith to bust the door down, so I call the park police again.
Sometime in the hour wait, the lady shows back up, totally confused with what I want again. I make it clear that i HAVE to have my car and am not leaving with the keys.
Park police shows up (both are oblivious to the locksmith on the way) and asks her to bring him the key, so he can attempt to open it.... He pushes and shoves and kicks, it doesn't work. Then she decides to inform us there is a second key down in the office, but she just figured it wouldn't work because the first didn't. He was so mad, and orders her to go get it. She brings it up, he puts it in and turns it and open it pops. For a split second I was ecstatic. Then it dawned on me, oh sh*t, what if it is all stolen!!!!!!!!!!
There was a huge sigh of relief when I walked in and there it all was, untouched.
Moral of my story: Think twice before taking bridal portraits??
Or more like don't leave anything anywhere, because your bound to get screwed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
:-D
One day you will look back and say REMEMBER WHEN the week before our wedding................ and laugh
Laughing for you!
Glad it didnt get stolen for SURE!
I got frustrated just READING that stuff! WOW! Just take a deep breath cuz it's over now, thankfully! Does this mean we get to see some pics?
Your portraits turned out so pretty and I think it had to have been worth all the trouble! I cant wait to see you!!! 4 days!!!!
I really did not know you had a blog. that is ridiculous. ;) I'm now reading all your posts.
your pics did come out amazing, btw. you are ze most beautiful bride. ;)
Post a Comment