plaster!!

Okay, so this project was very.... challenging. The assignment was to transfer your print, into a plaster. To give your pattern a 3d quality. So, to do this... I made a mold out of foam core, lots of glue... cut myself once or twice, made some plaster of paris, poured it in.... and prayed for the best.
Personally, I was very happy that my first one looked anything LIKE what i wanted it to. Many other molds that were made in the class, when the plaster was poured in they just starte dto collapse. Or, they waited to long to pour the plsater and it was already set, so they ended up looking like mounds of... cow patties, or other odd shapes.

Hopefully, you can still see the "rock place" in it.
So, here is my first attempt.


By this time, I am starting to see a pattern in our projects. Everthing we do, we get to... REDO!

So, what are we told when these get brought in? Make another one, this time almost twice the size... and make it better with your craftsmanship, and your design.
And this is the second one I turned in.


The plaster is finally over!!!!!!!! (or so I thought)
BTW.... I love my carpet!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top fabulous life of a working woman. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.